Message Board ImageMessage Board ImageMessage Board Image

TN Department of Human Services

Welcome to TIPS

Tennessee Information Payment System


DHS Food Program 615-313-4749

Password Policy

  • Security policy requires that a password:

    • is case sensitive
    • be nine (9) to twelve (12) characters in length
    • must contain at least one (1) numeric character
    • must contain at least one (1) special character

  • The first time you log into the system, please use the username and password that was provided to you.  Upon a successful login, you will be required to change your password.  Passwords must adhere to the policy outlined above.

  • If you have forgotten/lost your user ID or password, please contact us at 615-313-4749.

Notice of Non-Discrimination

  • The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

  • If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form online or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.

    You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us:

    • U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Director, Office of Adjudication
      1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
    • fax (202) 690-7442
    • email

  • Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.